Mission: To promote the integrity and sustainability of the veterinary profession in Australia and New Zealand.
AVBC has the following core functions:
- Providing a forum for discussion, advice and co-operation among the veterinary boards in Australia and New Zealand
- Encouraging the standardisation and quality assurance of veterinary services to the community
- Assuring and promoting uniform educational standards through accreditation of veterinary schools, the Australasian Veterinary Examination, assessment of veterinary qualifications for migration and assessment of specialist qualifications.
The AVBC does not:
- Have legislative power to impose any of its decisions on any participating member Board
- Register veterinarians or veterinary specialists
- Manage concerns or complaints in regard to veterinarians or veterinary practices
- Give advice on migration or visas