AVBC, through its Sustainable Practice Committee, works to achieve a coherent approach on post-qualification practice matters including collection of data for evidence-based regulation and quality assurance.
Currently, each veterinary jurisdiction in Australia and New Zealand has its own separate registration database, resulting in
• Duplication and multiplication of effort and expenses,
• Insufficient resources to recruit specialised technical support for a future-proof, secure, robust database,
• The inability for a member of the public to find a general or specialist registered veterinarian without having to search several (or all) of the individual state and territory databases,
• Extra administrative burden on veterinarians wishing to move between jurisdictions of primary practice, and
• Inability to consistently monitor workforce trends, carry out forecasting and develop evidence-based regulation.
AVBC aims to create a single national database of registered veterinary professionals, which will build cohesion and consolidate professional standards pertaining to registration while data only relevant to individual veterinary boards is locally retained. The Business Analyst will work closely with AVBC personnel and be responsible for interpreting and translating stakeholder priorities into a blueprint for this new national veterinary database.
These services may include Zoom workshops, eliciting and documenting business requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, developing system documentation, process mapping, planning and co-ordination, and supporting business process change. This role will analyse and interpret barriers to progress, and present solutions.
Business Analyst is a 3 month full-time or 6-month part-time position;
Role Accountabilities and Qualifications
• Analyse and document the existing business process using a range of analysis tools and techniques (including BPMN). Use case scenarios.
• Create and refine user stories/personas in conjunction with the product owner and stakeholders.
• Facilitate workshops and engage with stakeholders to understand application requirements and elicit functional and non-functional requirements.
• Document process models, detailing current state processes, and develop and propose future state processes.
• Help to identify manual and inefficient processes and seek to solve and innovate to make these more efficient.
• Perform gap analysis by comparing current capabilities to stakeholder requirements.
• Ensure all documents are written using clear and concise language, and clearly represent identified needs, opportunities, and processes.
• Conduct research and analysis of systems in similar sectors.
• Identify project delivery dependencies, issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies, and escalate where necessary.
• 3 years of Business Analyst experience
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops effectively to elicit requirements and develop and implement new processes.
• Proven track record in communicating requirements both verbally and through user stories. Requirements should have logical and clear acceptance criteria that are easily understood by developers, testers, and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of BPMN software and drawing tools (e.g., MS Visio) and an understanding of professional regulation/legal processes would be highly regarded.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Education and training
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, or a related area, plus at least three years of relevant experience in Business Analysis
Demonstrated Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated experience in business analysis, data analysis and reporting in a complex organisational environment.
• Experience in dealing with a wide range of people in a professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to a range of people.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent self-management skills, including time management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent IT systems and applications skills including experience using MS Visio.
• Experience with, or an understanding of, regulated professions would be helpful.
• Commitment to providing an excellent client-oriented service.
• Commitment to self-development and improvement.
• Integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Methodical, co-operative and flexible.
• Willingness to work in a small team environment.
• A sense of humour and the ability to take and accept responsibility for actions.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter addressing the key role responsibilities to email@example.com