AVBC is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
AVBC collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of:
- encouraging cooperation among the veterinary boards in Australia and New Zealand;
- the accreditation of veterinary schools;
- assessment of the suitability for practice in Australia and New Zealand of persons with foreign veterinary qualifications;
- and uniform criteria for recognition of qualifications for registration;
- providing advice on matters concerning the occupational regulation of veterinarians, including general and specialist registration;
- encouraging standardisation and quality assurance of veterinary services to the community in all jurisdictions; and communicating and co-operating with international veterinary organisations and other professions, both nationally and internationally.
AVBC is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
AVBC recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other.
These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies and encapsulated in the following Privacy Statement which is included on all application forms.
The AVBC is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. The information provided by you will only be used by the AVBC Inc. for the purposes for which it was collected. Your information will not be disclosed to a third party unless required by law or other regulations.