These resources have been collated to help give background and context about various topics and outcomes that were explored at the Sustainable Practice Forum 2022.
- Points of Attrition – A Career in Veterinary Medicine: https://avbc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/SPC-Sustainable-Practice-diagram-1.1.pdf
- RCVS Workforce Action Plan (Nov 22): https://www.rcvs.org.uk/news-and-views/publications/rcvs-workforce-action-plan/?destination=%2Fnews-and-views%2Fpublications%2F
- Barriers to mental health help-seeking in veterinary professionals working in Australia and New Zealand: A preliminary cross-sectional analysis: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2022.1051571/full
- ‘We’re gonna end up scared to do anything’: A qualitative exploration of how client complaints are experienced by UK veterinary practitioners: https://bvajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/vetr.1737
Mental health in the veterinary profession: an individual or organisational focus?: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/avj.13215
New Grad Transition:
- AVBC’s New Day One Competencies: https://avbc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/AVBC-Day-One-Competencies_vNov22.pdf
- Are They Ready: Trial, Tribulations, and Professional Skills Vital for New Veterinary Graduate Success: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2021.785844/full
- Pet Healthcare in the US: Are There Enough Veterinary Specialists? Is There Adequate Training Capacity?: https://www.marsveterinary.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Characterizing%20the%20Need%20-%20Specialists%20-%20FINAL_2.24.pdf
Dr Andy Maccabe (AAVMC) – The Future of Veterinary Education
Dr Zoe Lenard (SPC Chair) – CPD – Working towards a better system
Prof R Taylor & Prof J Hodgson – Day One Competencies & Transition to Practice
Prof J Hill – Specialisation: Where to from here?
Do you have any additional open-access materials you would like to share with fellow attendees? Please email email@example.com with your recommendations.